FreedomPay™ is a dynamic technology company that provides a state of the art payment processing platform and stored value systems. We are the industry leaders providing PCI DSS Certified Point to Point Encryption (P2PE) handling tens of millions of payment transactions a year interfacing with a wide variety of hardware and back end payment processors. FreedomPay has a suite of web based tools for clients and corporations to round out the company’s product offerings.
We are currently seeking an experienced Lead Software Engineer & Architect with specific experience in the Microsoft technology stack (.Net, C#, SQL). This is a full time salaried position. You will join a team of world class engineers and developers solving complex problems.
In this role, you will have multiple responsibilities including solution and software design and architecting, software development, supervising other developers, accountability for code quality, n-tier solutions, and complex system integrations. You will leverage various frameworks, patterns, and tools. You will have shared accountability for the quality of the solution and ensure seamless integration and implementations. You will report to the SVP of Development and Solution Architecture.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
▪ Participate in business requirements gathering activities and documenting the requirements, business and system process flows, data flows, system integration definitions, application requirements, interactions and dependencies with components, and conceptual designs
▪ Architect and design aspects of the system, producing a technical design document and present/communicate the architecture and software solutions to key stake holders, team members, and developers. This not only includes the software to be built, but the development tools, core frameworks, off-the-shelf components and services, security mechanisms, user interaction models, workflows, user interfaces, and desired patterns and methodologies to be implemented on the project.
▪ Provide input into architecting the hardware environment, services platform, application platform, and database.
▪ Work within the Scrum team to create stories, tasks, estimates
▪ Follow, enforce, and contribute to technical standards, coding standards, tools, platforms, and approaches. Help define and create application frameworks and common libraries for a wide variety of solutions, always seeking to reuse code and core frameworks where possible.
▪ Facilitate and conduct code reviews weekly to ensure best demonstrated practices and architecture is proper
▪ Work with the QA team to ensure proper test plan, test coverage, test execution, and defect remediation
▪ Provide expertise and oversight of other developers working on the same projects
Required Skills and Experience
▪ At least a BS/BA Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
▪ A minimum of 10 years experience as a Software Developer/Engineer
▪ A minimum of 2 years experience in high volume transactional processing environments, preferably financial or payment related
▪ Experience supervising and leading other engineers/developers
▪ Strong English written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
▪ Deep experience with Microsoft technology stack, as well as an understanding of competitive technologies
– .Net 3.5+, VS 2012+
– C#, ASP.net, strong object oriented experience
– Web services; WCF, SOA, RESTful services
– SQL 2008+, Oracle 10+
– Liquibase, SVN, Tortoise, SCM
– Mobile experience; Xamarin, Objective C, iOS, Android and Win phone platforms
– Technically competent in other programming languages, including C, C++, C#, and/or Java considered a plus
▪ Strong database design experience
▪ Experience developing, designing, and architecting the properly sized solutions for small, medium and large complex software and database systems within large enterprise environments that include complex system integrations and processes; successfully communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale to build consensus
▪ Abstract thinking skills and employing experience and knowledge to create innovative solutions
▪ Experience architecting mobile and distributed applications and platforms including complex distributed service environments (SOA, distributed windows applications and services, and SDK’s)
▪ An ability to articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms including a working knowledge of different architectural frameworks that may be used by our customers and our development teams.
▪ Experience developing Multithreaded services (windows services)
▪ Resolve technical problems, disputes, and make tradeoffs as appropriate
▪ Manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture
▪ Ensure the architecture is sustainable, deployable, and secure
▪ Experience leading the decisions for the use of various software frameworks, methodologies, libraries, and tools for teams of developers and technical personnel; Provide examples and prototypes as needed when encouraging and proposing the adoption of new frameworks and tools; understand and plan for evolutionary paths
▪ Knowledge of full application life cycle design tools and methodologies, e.g., Rational (RUP), Extreme Programming, Agile, Test Driven Development, Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), Waterfall
▪ Experience with standardized model and symbol sets/tools such as UML and OOP
▪ Excellent multi-tasking skills, managing multiple initiatives at one time in a fast-paced environment
▪ Experience with accurate project estimating and planning
▪ Strong MS Office, Project and Visio skills
▪ Occasional travel may be required (U.S. and International)
FreedomPay provides exceptional benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401K, commission sharing plan, and world class working environment. As the fastest growing payments company in the industry, we offer the opportunity for tremendous upward mobility within the company as well as development and professional growth opportunities.