FreedomPay™ is a dynamic technology company that provides a state of the art payment processing platform and stored value systems. We are the industry leaders providing PCI DSS Certified Point to Point Encryption (P2PE) handling millions of payment transactions per day with web based management and reporting tools.
FreedomPay is currently seeking a senior MS SQL Server Database Administrator with expertise in the Microsoft stack. This is a full time salaried position, or initially contract to hire. You will join a team of world-class engineers and developers solving complex problems. You will be rewarded for creativity and innovation.
In this role, you will be on top notch small data services team which oversees all regions e.g., development, production, etc. You will administer stand-alone, clustered, and cloud SQL Server instances; install, patch, configure, backup, manage jobs, and monitor all instances. You will work with developers on SQL tuning problems. You will deploy and administer ETL processes using SSIS. You will work with SQL Server 2014 and 2016. You will administer availability groups stretched over a hybrid cluster (on-premises and in cloud cluster) in multiple data centers. You will solve unanticipated problems, and you will have a blast doing it.
Minimum Required Knowledge & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or software engineering from an accredited college or university
• 8 or more years administering SQL Server on standalone or clustered servers with tasks including database backups, agent job management, provisioning security, installation, patching, and configuration
• 8 or more years creating and modify databases and database objects
• 8 or more years supporting a production environment, working as part of an on-call rotation, and supporting off hour releases
• Deep experience with SQL 2014+, always on high availability groups: creation, configuration, administration, failing over, etc.
• Production level experience implementing and administering multiple instances with the following SQL Server features: transactional replication, log shipping, high availability groups, agent jobs, and database security
• Installing and configuring SQL Server’s services including reporting services, integration services, and engine service
• Deep experience in authoring your own and tuning other’s SQL/T-SQL; explains mechanics and benefits of recommendations
• Deploying and administering SSIS packages, troubleshooting execution issues including analyzing package, and making appropriate changes
• Installing, configuring, administering, and troubleshooting SQL Server reporting services
• Fluent in creating Powershell scripts
• Experience working with SQL Server Diagnostic Manager and Dell LiteSpeed or like tools
• Experience working with SQL Server on an IaaS cloud machine; Experience managing SQL Servers in a hosted Azure environment
• Experience owning/managing complex multi-instance environments at all levels (Production, UAT, QA, Dev), including mentoring/managing other DBA’s
• Experience with high volume, large databases. Our systems do over a billion transactions yearly.
• Self-starter, highly motivated, continuous improvement attitude
• Learn and apply new technologies in a timely and pragmatic way
• Employs mature problem solving skills; understanding the problem, breaking down complex issues, researching, developing solutions, evaluating alternatives through research and testing, etc.
• Communicates effectively (sources information and communicates points) both verbally and in-writing
• Executes tasks as directed and knows how to engage team members to resolve questions
• Can plan complex tasks, and document and explain plans.
• Willingness to be on a shared on-call rotation, nights/weekends and jumping in as needed with level 3 escalations
• Interested in new technology, database systems and tools, with proactive research to bring proposals to the team for new technology directions and solutions
• Must pass a criminal background check and drug testing
FreedomPay provides exceptional benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, 401K, and a strong commission sharing plan. You will be working out of a state of the art new office space in a premier location. We have our own in office Barista, on premise fitness center, and other great perks. FreedomPay is committed to ongoing technical development and professional growth opportunities.