FreedomPay™ is a dynamic technology company that provides a state of the art payment processing platform and stored value systems. We are the industry leaders providing PCI DSS Certified Point to Point Encryption (P2PE) handling tens of millions of payment transactions a year interfacing with a wide variety of integrated hardware and point of sale systems and multiple back end payment processors. FreedomPay has a suite of web based tools for clients and corporations to round out the company’s product offerings in the cloud and virtualized on premise. FreedomPay is a fast paced, high growth company with a great culture with competitive benefits and compensation with a business casual atmosphere.
We are currently seeking a top tier Senior Software Engineer with specific Java and Android experience. This is a full time salaried position. You will join a team of world class engineers and developers solving complex problems, building new product lines, and expanding existing products and services. You will be rewarded for creativity and innovation.
In this role, you will have multiple responsibilities including solution and software design and architecting, software development, n-tier solutions, high performing transaction handling, and complex secure system integrations. You will leverage various frameworks, patterns, and tools. You will have shared accountability for the quality of the solution and ensure seamless integration and implementations. You will report to the SVP of Development and Solution Architecture.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
• Build properly structured, well commented solutions for complex integrations and complex problems
• Lead the effort to build out applications, libraries, and services on Android devices to integrate point of sale systems with card readers.
• Architect and design aspects of the system, producing a technical design document and present/communicate the architecture and software solutions to key stake holders, architects, and developers. This not only includes the software to be built, but the development tools, core frameworks, off-the-shelf components and services, security mechanisms, user interaction models, workflows, user interfaces, and desired patterns and methodologies to be implemented on the project.
• Execute thorough unit and system testing
• Work within the Scrum team to create stories, tasks, estimates, and delivery each Sprint
• Follow and contribute to technical standards, coding standards, tools, platforms, and approaches. Help define and create application frameworks and common libraries for a wide variety of solutions, always seeking to reuse code and core frameworks where possible.
• Work with the QA team to ensure proper test plan, test coverage, test execution, and defect remediation
Required Skills and Experience
• At least a BS/BA Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
• A minimum of 8 years experience as a Software Developer/Engineer
• Candidate must have a commitment to industry best demonstrated practices, source code control, architecture, coding structure, and unit/system testing
• Experience in high volume transactional processing environments, preferably financial or payment related, is a plus
• Strong English written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
• Deep experience with Microsoft technology stack, as well as an understanding of competitive technologies, including:
– Extensive Java experience with various mobile Android platforms/frameworks/libraries is required
– C#, .Net 3.5+, VS 2012+ is a plus
– Strong object oriented experience
– Android applications, device communication (USB, blue tooth, TCPIP)
– Standalone robust multi-threaded services
– Coding to interface with devices. It is desired to have experience integrating with POS devices, for example: Verifone, Ingenico, Magtek, Equinox
– Experience building high throughput on line transaction processing
– Interfacing with external web services of all types
– Creating Software Development Kits for other integrators to integrate to our software
– Building and Documenting external interfaces for 3rd party consumption
– Web services; WCF, SOA, RESTful services (developing and consuming)
– SQL 2008+, stored procedure development, normalized database development, indexes, keys, etc.
– Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including TCP/IP socket programming, communication libraries, http and https handling, WiFi, GPRS, SSH, SSL, etc.
– Liquibase, SVN, Tortoise, SCM, Jenkins, Cruise Control, Team Foundation Server
– Technically competent in other programming languages, including C, C++ is considered a plus
– Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), enterprise service bus experience such as BizTalk, TIBCO, etc.
• Strong database design experience including entity relational diagrams, stored procedure coding
• Create and enhance products and services as well as test harnesses and test clients
• Abstract thinking skills and employing experience and knowledge to create innovative solutions
• Knowledge of full application life cycle design tools and methodologies, e.g., Agile:Scrum, Extreme Programming
• Excellent multi-tasking skills, managing multiple initiatives at one time in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with accurate project estimating and planning, working in a team oriented and collaborative environment, working in a high pressure and fast paced organization
• Data security, encryption handling, compliance, data privacy and laws
• After hours support as needed
• Strong MS Office, Project and Visio skills
• Occasional travel may be required (U.S.)
• Must pass a criminal background check and drug testing
FreedomPay provides exceptional benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401K, commission sharing plan, and daily catered lunches. As the fastest growing payments company in the industry, we offer the opportunity for tremendous upward mobility within the company as well as development and professional growth opportunities.