FreedomPay™ is a dynamic technology company that provides a state of the art payment processing platform and stored value systems. We are the industry leaders providing PCI DSS Certified Point to Point Encryption (P2PE) handling tens of millions of payment transactions a year interfacing with a wide variety of integrated hardware and point of sale systems and multiple back end payment processors. FreedomPay has a suite of applications, SDK’s, and libraries to abstract the complexities of payment device communication that also interface with our payment gateway. FreedomPay is a fast paced, high growth company with a great culture with competitive benefits and compensation with a business casual atmosphere. FreedomPay is the winner of the 2017 Best Tech Culture, Philadelphia Tech In Motion Timmy Awards, and also named Citi Supply Chain Partner of the year, 2017.
We are currently seeking a top tier Senior Software Engineer with specific experience in the Microsoft technology stack (.Net, C#, SQL). This is a full-time salary position. You will join a team of world class engineers and developers solving complex problems, building new product lines, integrating to point of sale systems and devices (POS), and expanding existing products and services. You will be rewarded for creativity and innovation.
In this role, you will have multiple responsibilities including solution and software design and architecting, software development, multi-threaded asynchronous software development supporting high performing transaction handling with complex secure system integrations. You will leverage various frameworks, patterns, API’s, and tools. You will have shared accountability for the quality of the solution and ensure seamless integration and implementations. You will report to the Director of Software Development.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
• Build properly structured, well commented solutions for complex integrations to payment devices, primarily Equinox and Ingenico applications
• Work closely with manufacturer’s API’s and coding within our custom class libraries to support those API’s to handle complex payment flows
• Create test harnesses and integrate the new components into existing harnesses and libraries
• Execute thorough unit and system testing
• Work within the Scrum team to create stories, tasks, estimates, and delivery each Sprint
• Follow and contribute to technical standards, coding standards, tools, platforms, and approaches. Help define and create application frameworks and common libraries for a wide variety of solutions, always seeking to reuse code and core frameworks where possible.
• Work with the QA team to ensure proper test plan, test coverage, test execution, and defect remediation
Required Skills and Experience
• At least a BS/BA Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
• A minimum of 8 years experience as a Software Developer/Engineer
• Candidate must have a commitment to industry best demonstrated practices, source code control, architecture, coding structure, and unit/system testing
• Experience with “low level” device communication, protocols, and API integrations
• Experience with windows applications and services
• Experience in high volume transactional processing environments, preferably financial or payment related, is a plus
• Strong English written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
• Deep experience with Microsoft technology stack, as well as an understanding of competitive technologies, including:
– .Net 4.0+, VS 2012+
– C#, strong object oriented experience
– Windows applications
– Standalone robust multi-threaded windows services
– Coding to interface with devices. It is desired to have experience integrating with POS devices, for example: Equinox , Verifone, Ingenico, ID Tech, Magtek
– Interfacing with external web services of all types (REST, SOAP, Web API, etc.)
– Experience coding to devices that communicate via USB, WiFi or Ethernet, Blue Tooth, and/or Serial
– Creating Software Development Kits for other integrators to integrate to our software
– Building and Documenting external interfaces for 3rd party consumption
– Experience working with MS SQL, SQLLite, or other RDMS’s
– Working knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including TCP/IP socket programming, WCF, http and https handling, WiFi, GPRS, SSH, SSL, etc.
– Liquibase, GIT, SVN, Tortoise, SCM, Jenkins, Cruise Control, Team Foundation Server
– Technically competent in other programming languages, including C, C++, and/or Java considered a plus
• Create and enhance products and services as well as test harnesses and test clients
• Abstract thinking skills and employing experience and knowledge to create innovative solutions
• Knowledge of full application life cycle design tools and methodologies, e.g., Agile:Scrum
• Excellent multi-tasking skills, managing multiple initiatives at one time in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with accurate project estimating and planning, working in a team oriented and collaborative environment, working in a high pressure and fast paced organization
• Data security, encryption handling, compliance, data privacy and laws
• Must pass a criminal background check and drug testing
FreedomPay provides exceptional benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401K, commission sharing plan, and world class working environment. As the fastest growing payments company in the industry, we offer a complimentary on-site barista and café, the opportunity for upward mobility within the company as well as development and professional growth opportunities.