FreedomPay™ is a dynamic technology company that provides a state of the art payment processing platform and stored value systems. We are the industry leaders providing PCI DSS Certified Point to Point Encryption (P2PE) handling tens of millions of payment transactions a year interfacing with a wide variety of integrated hardware and point of sale systems and multiple back end payment processors. FreedomPay has a suite of web based tools for clients and corporations to round out the company’s product offerings in the cloud and virtualized on premise. FreedomPay is a fast paced, high growth company with a great culture with competitive benefits and compensation with a business casual atmosphere.
We are currently seeking an experienced POS Tech Analyst & Installer – This will be a full time position and is responsible for facilitating installations, upgrades, testing and implementation efforts associated with Micros and various POS solutions and platforms. The position will be responsible for working closely with both internal and external resources to ensure quality and the reliability of programs. In addition, this position will be responsible handling tech support cases and seeing them through to resolution. **Micros POS experience required** You will work with a team of world class technical and functional support and be involved in an exciting, fun and results oriented culture.
Main Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
• Works with end users and internal technical support to define and evaluate system problems and deficiencies that may be resolved through fixes and enhancements.
• Analyzes, reviews and alters systems, programs, and applications to increase operating efficiency or to adapt to new requirements.
• Leads all efforts in communicating any defects to vendors and internal application developers and coordinating testing and implementation of fixes. Works closely with technical support team and resources to ensure service levels are being met and risk to the business is minimal.
• Develops documentation for user-audience as systems have been modified and/or new technologies have been implemented.
• Provides technical support of the application, interfaces and any customizations.
• Monitors support issues, ensures resolution plans and reports progress to management.
• Ensures that proper version control is strictly adhered to operational risk is minimized accordingly.
• Monitors system status and reacts to issues as they arise.
• Communicates with site users regarding any system enhancements and or scheduled upgrades.
• Provides system training and technical assistance to IS team and user community as necessary. • Participates in technical and functional training classes as necessary or required.
Secondary Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
• Other relevant tasks as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
• Requires minimum of 2-4 years related experience; background in hospitality industry is helpful and experience with Micros POS(required), other POS platforms and strong technical support background is essential.
• Willingness and ability to quickly learn new technologies and POS platforms.
• Bachelor’s Degree or technical degree in computer related subjects with relevance to the retail and hospitality areas.
• Requires understanding of networking components: both LAN and WAN and understanding of software: interfacing applications and user interfaces.
• Requires experience translating business requirements into technical specifications.
• Requires analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
• Requires exceptional oral, written and interpersonal skills especially when working with customers.
• Requires great attention to detail, ability to meet multiple deadlines and adapt to changing priorities.
• Requires flexibility in respect to his/her schedule, dedicated work ethic, and immense follow through.
• High level of attention to detail
• Must pass a background check
• Travel will be required
If you are a self-starter, highly motivated, and looking for a rewarding career, please submit your resume to careers(at)freedompay(dot)com.