FreedomPay™ is a dynamic technology company that provides a state of the art payment processing platform and stored value systems. We are the industry leaders providing PCI DSS Certified Point to Point Encryption (P2PE) handling hundreds of millions of payment transactions a year, and interfacing with a wide variety of integrated hardware and point of sale systems and multiple back end payment processors. FreedomPay has a suite of web based tools for clients and corporations to round out the company’s product offerings in the cloud and virtualized on premise. FreedomPay is a fast paced, rapidly growing company with a great culture, competitive benefits and compensation with a business casual atmosphere.
We are currently seeking an experienced Web System Engineer. This is a full time salaried position and an excellent opportunity to build upon and modernize a solid foundation of web application administration and support as we expand our DevOps practices and culture. The position is primarily responsible for coordinating with development and QA teams to configure, deploy and maintain various applications and environments in support of the production processing requirements. The Web System Engineer will also perform software installations and upgrades to layered software packages, develop ongoing procedures, assist in automation efforts, and create documentation for new application deployments.
You will join a team of skilled engineers and work on new innovative projects. The Web System Engineer will work closely with developers and DBA’s to implement solutions and solve technical issues. In this role, you will have multiple responsibilities including providing technical assistance and support for computer systems, hardware, or software that support the production systems. Provide tier 3 support for escalation issues and create standard operating procedures for triage and alert escalations for tier 1.
Primary Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
• Performing and supporting software deployments to non-production environments on a regular basis
• Performing and supporting early morning software deployments to production environments
• Work with development, QA and database engineers to roll out new applications, tune performance, support environments and applications, manage 3rd party connectivity for webservice calls, etc.
• Assist in the automation of deployment strategies to multiple sites
• Be available to resolve web server and system issues
• Assist in IIS and .net performance monitoring and tuning.
• Manage virtual servers that host web systems, including installing 3rd party software, and updates
• Managing web server performance, load balancing, and scaling as needed
• Web Server Certificate management
• Security initiative implementation based on compliance requirements
• Technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure
• Work with infrastructure teams to manage and maintain load balancers, failover, network connectivity from the web servers, database connectivity, and multiple sites
• Stress testing configuration and support during deployment procedures
Required Skills and Experience
▪ At least a BS/BA Degree
▪ 6 years experience in related fields
▪ A minimum of 3 years experience in web server management
▪ Enterprise Microsoft Web Server Management
▪ Excellent communication and organizational skills
▪ Experience in the following:
– IIS management
– Windows Server 2008 – 2012 administration
– Release management
– .Net Application and Developer support
– Microsoft SQL (DBMS/SSIS/SSRS)
– Powershell scripting
– Testing technologies
– Monitoring technologies
– Load balancing technologies
– Documentation writing
– VMware vSphere administration
– Basic understanding of TCP/IP and routing / switching
▪ Experience in the following is a plus:
– Software development
– Other webserver technologies (Apache/NGINX/J2EE)
– PCI policies and best practices
– Managing public cloud computing services for PAAS or SAAS
– Network architecture and diagrams
– Automated deployment, provisioning and config management tools
▪ Must pass a criminal background check and credit check
FreedomPay provides exceptional benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401K, commission sharing plan, and world class working environment. As the fastest growing payments company in the industry, we offer the opportunity for tremendous upward mobility within the company as well as development and professional growth opportunities.
If you are a self-starter, highly motivated, and looking for a rewarding career, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.