FreedomPay helps enterprise merchants in Hospitality, Healthcare, Higher Education, Retail and Financial Services simplify complex payment environments and embrace payment innovation.
As North America’s first PCI Validated Point-to-Point Encryption solution with EMV and NFC capable terminals, FreedomPay provides a secure payment gateway with broad integrations across top point-of-sale, device manufacturers and payment processors.
As a complete Commerce Platform, FreedomPay delivers a total solution for merchants, driving the future of commerce and customer interaction. With best in class security, real-time transaction data and a suite of value-added services, FreedomPay helps merchants transform the checkout experience.
The company is experiencing explosive growth and looking for an Associate Attorney with strong in-house legal skills and attention to detail to help with negotiating, reviewing, and providing counsel on legal documents and other legal matters. This Associate Attorney position will be based out of the Philadelphia, PA office and will support our General Counsel/ VP of Legal.
At FreedomPay, the Associate Attorney will have a direct impact on driving successful results, ensuring timely deliverables, improving quality, and directly impacting customer satisfaction.
– Advises clients concerning business transactions, claim liability, advisability of prosecuting or defending lawsuits, and legal rights and obligations
– Interprets laws, rulings and regulations for individuals and businesses
– Studies statutes, decisions, regulations, and ordinances of quasi-judicial bodies to determine ramifications
– Provides general transactional and corporate assistance
– Drafts and negotiates: NDAs, software and data licenses, procurement agreements; supports new software product initiatives
– Researches data protection/privacy and cybersecurity.
– JD degree from an accredited law school with stellar academic credentials
Admitted to PA state bar in good standing
2-3 years of experience at a medium or large law firm or in-house legal department
Experience with data protection/privacy and cybersecurity a plus
A strong interest in the technology sector and familiarity with software-as-a-service is preferred