FreedomPay helps enterprise merchants in Hospitality, Healthcare, Higher Education, Retail and Financial Services simplify complex payment environments and embrace payment innovation.
As North America’s first PCI Validated Point-to-Point Encryption solution with EMV and NFC capable terminals, FreedomPay provides a secure payment gateway with broad integrations across top point-of-sale, device manufacturers and payment processors. As a complete Commerce Platform, FreedomPay delivers a total solution for merchants, driving the future of commerce and customer interaction. With best in class security, real-time transaction data and a suite of value-added services, FreedomPay helps merchants transform the checkout experience. The company is experiencing explosive growth and looking for a Scrum Master with exemplary leadership to drive the delivery of our products and services.
The Scrum Master will be in charge of organizing and conducting sprint ceremonies. This includes: running daily standups, sprint planning, organize sprint retrospectives, and sprint reviews. Scrum Master will work closely with the Product Management team to ensure sprint deliverables are on track and current development activity aligns with Product Roadmap.
Primary Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
• Guides the team and organization on how to leverage Agile/Scrum practices and values to maximize the delivery of business value.
• Acts to apply Agile/Scrum practices in a manner to best suit the needs of the organization.
• Tracks and publishes prescribed team metrics.
• Guides the team on applying self-organizing, self-corrective behaviors; analyzing and adapting to the feedback inputs (eg. Metrics, Sprint Reviews, Retrospectives, etc.), all for the purpose of building high performing teams.
• Removes impediments or guides the team to remove its own impediments.
• Builds a trusting environment where issues are raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on correcting and problem solving.
• Facilitates the completion of assignments efficiently and without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
• Champions collaborative discussion, decision making, and problem solving.
• Assists with internal communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
• Coordinates and encourages participation from all team members in scrum ceremonies (Scrum, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Retrospective) and longer term planning exercises (Road Mapping, Release Planning)
• Supports the Product Management team in applying the scrum framework and agile principles, and help in refining and maintaining the product backlog.
• Assists in the identification and mitigation of project risks.
• Provides Scrum Master services to multiple teams, when required.
• Identifies and acts on coaching opportunities at the individual and team level.
• Conducts regular assessments of a team’s Scrum Maturity and uses the results to guide them to improved performance.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Strong knowledge of Agile/Scrum principles and practices.
• Experience as a Scrum Master for a minimum of three years for a software development team that was applying Agile/Scrum principles.
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
• Ability to anticipate issues based on experience to help the team avoid or resolve the issues.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including active listening.
• Knowledge of Jira, Rally or any other software development tools is a must.
• Certified Scrum Master (Scrum Alliance) is preferred.
• Knowledge of and/or experience with writing effective user stories and acceptance criteria.
• Proven mentoring skills.
• Experience providing Scrum Master Services for multiple teams concurrently.
• Experience as a Scrum Master for a minimum of three years for a software development team that was applying Agile/Scrum principles and practices.
FreedomPay provides exceptional benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401K, commission sharing plan, and catered lunches. As the fastest growing payments company in the industry, we offer the opportunity for tremendous upward mobility within the company as well as development and professional growth opportunities.