FreedomPay™ is a dynamic technology company that provides a state of the art payment processing platform and stored value systems. We are the industry leaders providing PCI DSS Certified Point to Point Encryption (P2PE) handling tens of millions of payment transactions a year interfacing with a wide variety of integrated hardware and point of sale systems and multiple back end payment processors. FreedomPay has a suite of web based and mobile device tools for clients and corporations to round out the company’s product offerings in the cloud and virtualized on premise. FreedomPay is a fast paced, high growth company with a great culture with competitive benefits and compensation with a business casual atmosphere.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer with specific Objective C/Swift (iOS) experience. This is a full time salaried position. You will join a team of world class engineers and developers solving complex problems, building new product lines, and expanding existing products and services. You will be rewarded for creativity and innovation. In this role, you will be joining a team responsible for developing next generation SDK’s, tools, and apps that drive millions, and potentially billions, of payment transactions. You will report to the Director of Development.
Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
▪ Build properly structured, well commented solutions for complex integrations and complex problems
▪ Lead the effort to build out applications, libraries, and services on iOS devices to integrate point of sale systems with card readers.
▪ Architect and design aspects of the system, producing a technical design document and present/communicate the architecture and software solutions to key stake holders, architects, and developers. This not only includes the software to be built, but the development tools, core frameworks, off-the-shelf components and services, security mechanisms, user interaction models, workflows, user interfaces, and desired patterns and methodologies to be implemented on the project.
▪ Execute thorough unit and system testing
▪ Work within the Scrum team to create stories, tasks, estimates, and delivery each Sprint
▪ Follow and contribute to technical standards, coding standards, tools, platforms, and approaches. Help define and create application frameworks and common libraries for a wide variety of solutions, always seeking to reuse code and core frameworks where possible.
▪ Work with the QA team to ensure proper test plan, test coverage, test execution, and defect remediation
Required Skills and Experience
▪ At least a BS/BA Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
▪ 3-5 years experience with Objective-C experience
▪ 1-2 years experience with Swift, as well as various mobile iOS platforms/frameworks/libraries is required
▪ Experience developing custom frameworks with a deep understanding of Objective-C design patterns
▪ Strong unit testing experience in Objective-C and Swift
▪ Experience with interfacing with RESTful services and consuming JSON or XML
▪ Strong object oriented experience
▪ Familiarity with Git
▪ Experience with Core Data
▪ Experience developing CocoaPod deployment packages
▪ Experience using Instruments to tune code and resolve performance issues
▪ UI development using both Storyboard and XIB files
▪ Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, object oriented programming, concurrent programming, and real-time communications
▪ Strong English written and verbal communication skills
▪ Candidate must have a commitment to industry best demonstrated practices, source code control, architecture, coding structure, and unit/system testing
▪ Knowledge of full application life cycle design tools and methodologies, e.g., Agile:Scrum, Extreme Programming
▪ Excellent multi-tasking skills, managing multiple initiatives at one time in a fast-paced environment
Nice to Have:
▪ Experience communicating with external devices through USB, Bluetooth, or TCPIP
▪ Published multiple applications to the
▪ App Store Technically competent in other programming languages, including C, C++, C# is considered a plus
▪ Additional experience with MiFi, the Volume Purchase Program, and OS X development is a plus.
▪ Strong interest in the tooling/development process with continuous integration
▪ Data security, encryption handling, compliance, data privacy and laws
Additional Job Description Requirements:
▪ After hours support as needed
▪ Strong MS Office, Project and Visio skills
▪ Occasional travel may be required (primarily U.S.)
▪ Must pass a criminal background check and drug testing
FreedomPay provides exceptional benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, Life Insurance, 401K, commission sharing plan, and a world class working environment in downtown Philly. As the fastest growing payments company in the industry, we offer the opportunity for tremendous upward mobility within the company as well as development and professional growth opportunities.