FreedomPay™ is a dynamic technology company that provides a state of the art payment processing platform and stored value systems. We are the industry leaders providing PCI DSS Certified Point to Point Encryption (P2PE) handling hundreds of millions of payment transactions a year, and interfacing with a wide variety of integrated hardware and point of sale systems and multiple back end payment processors. FreedomPay has a suite of web based tools for clients and corporations to round out the company’s product offerings in the cloud and virtualized on premise. FreedomPay is a fast paced, rapidly growing company with a great culture, competitive benefits and compensation with a business casual atmosphere.
We are currently seeking an experienced Web Systems Engineer. This is a full time salaried position and an excellent opportunity to build upon and modernize on a solid foundation of web application administration and support as we expand our DevOps practices and culture. The position is primarily responsible for coordinating with development and QA teams to configure, deploy and maintain various applications and environments in support of the production processing requirements. The Web Systems Engineer will also perform software installations and upgrades to layered software packages, develop ongoing procedures, assist in automation efforts and create documentation for new application deployments.
You will be joining a team of skilled engineers working on numerous new and innovative projects. The Web System Engineer will work closely with development, DBA and infrastructure teams to implement solutions and solve technical issues. In this role, you will have multiple responsibilities including providing technical assistance and support for the systems and software that support the production systems. Provide tier 3 support for escalated issues and create standard operating procedures for triage and alert escalations for tier 1.
Primary Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
• Perform and support software deployments to non-production environments on a regular basis.
• Perform and support early morning software deployments to production environments.
• Support various development initiatives throughout the lifecycle including planning, environment configuration, permission and connectivity coordination, capacity planning, security scanning, performance testing/tuning, documentation and monitoring.
• Contribute to the automation of environment, software and database deployments to multiple sites.
• Be available to troubleshoot and resolve server and software issues.
• Perform routine application server environment maintenance.
• Maintain server performance, load balancing and scaling as needed.
• Maintain virtual servers, including managing 3rd party software and updates.
• Implement security initiatives based on dynamic compliance requirements.
• Technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
Required Skills and Experience
▪ At least a BS/BA Degree
▪ 6 years experience in related fields
▪ A minimum of 3 years experience in web server management
▪ Enterprise Microsoft Web Server Management
▪ Excellent communication and organizational skills
▪ Strong troubleshooting acumen
▪ Experience in the following is required:
– Windows Server 2008 – 2016 administration
– .Net Application and Development support
– IIS management
– Release management
– Powershell scripting
– Monitoring technologies (Solarwinds, NewRelic, APM, SEUM)
– Load balancing technologies
– Documentation creation
– Solid understanding of DNS, HTTP/HTTPS
– Microsoft SQL familiarity (DBMS/SSIS/SSRS)
– Basic understanding of TCP/IP and routing / switching
– Basic understanding of T-SQL
▪ Experience in the following is a plus:
– PCI policies and best practices
– Software development
– Source control and CI/CD Tools (Git, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, DSC, etc.)
– VMWare vSphere Administration
– Testing Technologies
– Other webserver technologies (Apache/NGINX/J2EE)
– Managing public cloud computing services for PAAS or SAAS
– Network architecture and diagrams
▪ Must pass a criminal background check and credit check
FredomPay provides exceptional benefits including medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, 401K, ongoing development and growth opportunities. We provide catered lunches every day, free coffee, and all employees participate in a companywide commission pool.
If you are a self-starter, highly motivated, and looking for a rewarding career, please submit your resume to ITJOBS@freedompay.com.